About Pastor Kevin.
Pastor Kevin has served as senior pastor of Calvary Chapel Clayton since it first began in 2008. Prior to the establishing of this fellowship, Kevin served as an elder at Calvary Chapel, Cary, North Carolina, under the senior pastor, Rodney Finch. While Kevin served there in various ministries including teaching in the children's ministry, he found the joy of his life, simply serving Jesus Christ.
About Calvary Chapel Clayton.
Calvary Chapel Clayton is a non-denominational church focused on the inerrancy of the Bible and the expository teaching from Genesis to Revelation. We are in affiliation with the Calvary Chapel Movement, which began with Pastor Chuck Smith in the 1960's. Our supreme desire is to know Christ and to be conformed into His image through the power of the Holy Spirit. We are not a denominational church, nor do we oppose denominations, only their over-emphasis of doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the Body of Christ.
Coming into a new surrounding can sometimes be awkward, so we have put together this page to acquaint you with our church and hopefully answer any questions you might have. To review our statement of faith, visit our "what we believe" page.
What Do We Teach?
Calvary Chapels are known for their dedication to the expositional (verse-by-verse) teaching of God’s Word. Simply put, we teach the bible from Genesis to Revelation!
What About Worship?
Our worship setting and style is contemporary, but not to exclude the more traditional style of worship which we believe to be rich in doctrine and sound theology. Worship at each Calvary Chapel is unique, and there is no “set” style of worship. Typically our worship time will be about thirty minutes prior to the teaching of the Word.
The Holy Spirit
At Calvary Chapel, we believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and we encourage their exercise, but always decently and in order, with an emphasis on the Word of God, which we look to as our primary rule of faith.
Unity Of God's People
Some Calvary’s are filled with people in suits and ties, and some are filled with people in jeans and t-shirts, and many may have a combination of all ages, races, and dress. We are people who have come together regardless of background or social status with one common focus: Love for Jesus Christ and the desire to know Him more intimately. We focus on personal relationships with Jesus Christ through worship, prayer and teaching of the word of God.
How Do I Become A Member?
We do not have process of "church membership” at Calvary Chapel. We believe that every true born-again-believer has the Holy Spirit living and active in their lives, and it is the presence of the Holy Spirit that places you in the body of Christ, and makes us all members of the church universal. Simply put: If you are a born-again Christian, and you regularly attend Calvary Chapel, you are a member!
As Pastor, I would like to welcome you to Calvary Chapel Clayton, and I am looking forward to worshiping and serving the Lord with you as we wait for the coming of our Savior Jesus Christ!
What We Believe.
1. We believe that the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired without error and the infallible rule of faith and practice. The Word of God is the foundation upon which the church operates and is the basis for which the church is governed. We believe that the Word of God supersedes any earthly law that is contrary to the Holy Scriptures. (Isaiah 28:13; Nehemiah 8:8; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Peter 1:23-25; 2 Peter 1:3-4 and 1:21).
2. We believe that there is one living and true GOD, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all things. (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 44:8 and 48:16; Matthew 28:19-20; John 10:30; Hebrews 1:3).
a. We believe in the person of God the Father, an infinite, eternal, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all those who come to Him through Jesus Christ. (Deuteronomy 33:27; Psalms 90:2; Psalms 102:27; John 3:16 and 4:24; 1 Timothy 1:17; Titus 1:3).
b. We believe in the person of Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, his substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth. (Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; Matthew 1:23; Mark 16:19; Luke 1:34-35; John 1:1-2, 8:58 and 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 1 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 1:2; Revelation 1:8).
c. We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit, Who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ; (Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 3:18; John 16:8-11; Romans 8:26 and 15:13,16; Hebrews 9:14), We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide. (John 6:13, 14:16-17 and 16:8-11; Romans 8:26). We believe in the Baptism with the Holy Spirit as a distinct and separate experience to that of regeneration, occurring, either subsequent to or simultaneous with salvation, evidenced by a greater dynamic in the Christian’s life enabling that person to be a bold and more effective witness. The supreme evidence of the Spirit filled life is the fruit of the Spirit, love. We believe in the present day ministry of the Holy Spirit in regard to the exercise of all biblical gifts of the Holy Spirit according to the instructions given to us in 1 Corinthians Chapters 12 through14.
3. We believe that all people are sinners by nature and choice, falling short of God’s standard and breaking His commandments – and therefore are under God’s righteous judgment. Yet God saves and gives new life to all who come to Him in repentance and faith, trusting in the Person and work of Jesus Christ. At the cross, Jesus Christ died in our place as our substitute, absorbing God’s wrath that should have come upon us. Because Jesus died for the sins of the world the invitation to believe is open to all, and whoever desires may come unto Jesus for new life and the forgiveness of sins. (Romans 3:23, Acts 3:19, Acts 20:21, Ephesians 2:1-3, Ephesians 2:8-9, 1 John 2:2, John 3:16, Matthew 11:28, Revelation 22:17).
4. We believe in the pattern and principle of male leadership and responsibility in both the home and the church, according to the sacrificial example of Jesus. We believe this limits the roles of pastoral leadership and doctrinal authority to qualified men (1 Corinthians 11:1-12, 1 Timothy 2:1-15). We believe in the universal church, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the head and all who are born again are a part of the Body of Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:15-16)
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ instituted two ordinances for the church:
a. full immersion water baptism of believers. (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38)
b. the Lord’s Supper. (Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
6. We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell and that all those who place their faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord, while those who reject Jesus’ free gift of salvation will spend eternity separated from the Lord. (Psalm 9:17; Matthew 5:3, 5:22, 18:9 and 25:31-34; Mark 9:42-49; Luke 12:5; John 3:18; Hebrews 12:23; 1 Peter 1:4; Revelation 14:10-11 and 20:11-15)
7. We believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, which is His personal, visible return to earth and the establishment of His millennial kingdom, in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and endless separation of the wicked. (Matthew 16:27; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16, 20:11-15) We believe in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church where all believers will meet the Lord in the air and be taken out of this world prior to the Tribulation that will come upon the earth. (Isaiah 26:20; Matthew 24:29-31; Luke 21:36; Romans 1:18, 5:9; 1 Thessalonians 1:10, 4:13-16 and 5:9; 2 Peter 2:7-9; Revelation 3:10, 5:7-10 and 7:13-14)
8. We believe that God created man and that He created them male and female. As such He created them different so as to complement and complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. Therefore, we perform marriages in accordance with the Bible consistent with the Old and New Testament. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6; John 4:16-18; Romans 1:18-32; I Corinthians 5:11, 6:9-11, 6:18-20, 7:1-3 and 7:8-9; Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 5:3-7; 1 Timothy 1:9-11)
If you have any questions, or would like to meet with a ministry leader, please give us a call at: (919)-359-0802, or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In His Love,